Talk about computer hardware here.

Moderator: victimizati0n

palmboy5
Site Administrator

Canon PowerShot SD500

#1 Post by palmboy5 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:50 pm

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6830120169

lol i ordered that and like.. look at the review:
"THE LCD, BEAUTIFUL AS IT MAY BE, WILL CRACK AND RENDER ALL THE CAMERA MODES USELESS"

im like "hes crazy" right?

google "sd500 fragile" ><;;

crap...

the one where the screen died in a day fucking scares me
For computers, buying cheaply and often will only leave you constantly in a world of shit.

neuralmop
Site Druggie

#2 Post by neuralmop » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:18 pm

No warranty?

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#3 Post by palmboy5 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:47 pm

Canon says its not covered because the damage is caused by "pressure", repair is $165 -_- if you want to do it urself, there is like a site that helps you through but the screen itself is still $55
For computers, buying cheaply and often will only leave you constantly in a world of shit.

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#4 Post by palmboy5 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:38 am

omg UPS is the most fucking retarded shipper ever.
they shipped to a city about 30 miles north of me, then PAST me to a city 15 miles southwest. its like theyre fucking amature dart players... theyll hit me eventually.. right?? :roll:

mannyace

#5 Post by mannyace » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:05 pm

lol yea they are pretty retarded

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#6 Post by palmboy5 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:59 pm

holy crap the camera is small... O_O heh

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#7 Post by palmboy5 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:20 pm

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#8 Post by palmboy5 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:28 pm

dude all the indoor pictures are blurry o.O and no that is NOT because i had it in close-mode, like the pics i linked

#9 Post by Guest » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:32 pm

leet bee

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#10 Post by palmboy5 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:01 pm

LOL i love the clock feature :D some day im gonna make a vid of it with my other camera... its nutty

*shakes camera* *color changes*

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#11 Post by palmboy5 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:02 pm

yay my screen protector shipped! XD

and USPS's tracking SUCKS.
"Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. "

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#12 Post by palmboy5 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:15 pm

omg. the protector company charged $2 for shipping and right on the package it says $1.15

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#13 Post by palmboy5 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:58 pm

best. tracking. ever.

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#14 Post by palmboy5 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:12 pm

what the hell?

i want to post my review of the camera on newegg and this is what it said:
Error Message:

Please accept our apologies but we are unable to post your review in its current state because it contains inappropriate content. One or more words found in the text have been deemed improper and unsuitable for submission. Newegg.com will not post reviews which contain obscene and/or potentially offensive language, nor will we allow the inclusion of the names and/or URLs of our competitors. If you feel that your product review is pertinent and admissible but are unable to successfully submit it online, please forward the text in its entirety along with any other relevant information to our Customer Support department to review and evaluate. We appreciate your understanding in this matter and look forward to posting your revised review to share with our customers.

seriously. what the fuck.

heres my review, newegg is smoking:

"I've had this camera for about two weeks now, the abundant amount of reviews saying the LCD is fragile you can find around the net worried me so I got the 'da Protector 104 screen protector you can find on amazon.com for $10 with shipping. All the shiny parts of the camera seem scratch-proof and the metal casing is sturdy, only weak part is the LCD, but with the screen protector I feel completely safe putting it in my pocket. I was planning to post a review after a few months of usage, giving the LCD plenty time to break so I can mention it, but with the protector and its sturdy casing I feel completely confident that such a thing won't happen so I will be posting my review now.

The camera IS small.. and the casing is almost completely metal except for the battery compartment door and the rubber cover over the AV-Out and USB ports. One thing for clarity for people that saw the following like I did; the zoom functions are done with the ring around the shutter button, what I thought was that you continue to turn the ring more and more for different zoom levels. No, the ring can twist about 3 mm to the left and 3 mm to the right, just push it either way to zoom in or out to any level of magnification.

The optical viewfinder if you do not want to use the screen is nothing special but the lens of it on the back of the camera is too deep for you to conveniently clean out dust that collects on it. The Autofocus (AF) has some issues on what it chooses to focus on, I find it to be able to focus on the right thing 10% of the time. Sometimes it focuses on the wall behind the object(s), usually the wall is less than one third of the picture! Turn off AF, just make it focus on whatever is at the center of the picture; that may not help in trying to follow the Rule of Thirds but you have no choice. The battery life is about 160 shots with the LCD on, just as the specs say it is. Manual controls are limited, you cannot choose shutter speeds below a 1 second exposure, it must be automated. Also, you can't seem to set a low exposure along with a long shutter time, all the pictures I tested at the 15 second max result in a completely white picture. Useless. Otherwise the pictures are excellent and the startup is faster than I expected, just turn off AF and you'll be fine."

#15 Post by Guest » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:29 pm

GASP YOU SAID EXPOSURE