Damnit MS!!!

For everything else.

Moderator: victimizati0n

Site Jock

#31 Post by 2005 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:38 pm

Just delete the .exe and all shortcuts from your pc... if its not visible and its not bothering me the its not there.

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#32 Post by palmboy5 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:49 pm

dragon said he did it before... i think o.O

u can. editing the windows CD
For computers, buying cheaply and often will only leave you constantly in a world of shit.

neuralmop
Site Druggie

#33 Post by neuralmop » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:51 pm

If only I understood bianary..

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#34 Post by palmboy5 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:15 pm

... no u dont need to, programs can! ^^ those programs that slipstream the service packs into ur disc and stuff... didnt work for me but it did for dragon so... yeah.
For computers, buying cheaply and often will only leave you constantly in a world of shit.

#35 Post by Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:25 pm

To remove IE, edit the Windows CD. If you can't do it manually, use a proggy such as nLite.

Oh and restin, it's spelled binary.

1+1 = 10 in binary

We learned about the binary [base 2] and trinary a.k.a ternary [base 3] at school.

Binary: 0, 1
Trinary: 0, 1, 2

IMO the perfect system would be base 8.

neuralmop
Site Druggie

#36 Post by neuralmop » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:00 pm

Dragon, have you heard of Hex (base sixteen)? I really like that.

And yeah, I don't know how to spell :b. But I do understand how to write numbers in Binary, but I don't understand how programs and such can be written through this. I'd like to be able to work in it because I could fuck with post-compiled source if I wanted to. Of course, this would require massive computing power on the side of my brain..

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#37 Post by palmboy5 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:37 pm

people write programs through languages like C, they appear as binary or hex or w/e when u try to open them in that way, you cant get into the actual source code, if u could it would be open source. but even for that the coding is a separate download.

neuralmop
Site Druggie

#38 Post by neuralmop » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:13 am

Well, since everything your computer can process is processed in binary, knowing binary fully would give you complete, direct control of your system. For example, you write a program in C++, send me the post-compiled application. If I understood binary, I could tap into the computer and understand its workings. Because of this, knowing binary, no program would be able to make itself closed-source.

Since Binary is so complicated, especially in highly structured programs (and hell, even in small "Hello World!" programs), this makes it pretty much impossible for man animal to edit post-compiled computer code through it. Programmers just assume that their post-compiled installation application is not readable by sapiens, but otherwise...

And yeah, I was kind of being sarcastic when I said I was going to learn it. :roll:

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#39 Post by palmboy5 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:21 am

imma learn it :)

http://nickciske.com/tools/binary.php

start practicing

#40 Post by Guest » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:23 am

restin256 wrote:Dragon, have you heard of Hex (base sixteen)? I really like that.

And yeah, I don't know how to spell :b. But I do understand how to write numbers in Binary, but I don't understand how programs and such can be written through this. I'd like to be able to work in it because I could fuck with post-compiled source if I wanted to. Of course, this would require massive computing power on the side of my brain..
Haha, never heard of Hex, but I know this guy who has to use base 32 at his work (for whatever reason).

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#41 Post by palmboy5 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:58 am

how the fuck did u never hear of Hex?? O_O possibly the most common one, hell even programs for the palm are opened up in hex.

#42 Post by Guest » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:52 pm

dont care about palms