Here we go again..

For everything else.

Moderator: victimizati0n

neuralmop
Site Druggie

#46 Post by neuralmop » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:29 am

oW_bAby wrote:If you really knew the definition of emo
Yes, perhaps our friends at All Music Guide forgot to study their sounds very well. At that, perhaps The Used are full of themselves when they don't even use the word Hardcore to describe their sound. And, maybe, Emo means what you want it to say, and not what the rest of the world has already established the word as meaning.
oW_bAby wrote: Don't even bother posting a defintion of 'emo' to prove me wrong.
Is this because another musical professional is also on the losing side, too?
Now, Bright Eyes is emo.
Conor Oberst rejects the label "Emo" when refering to his work.
oW_bAby wrote:Plus, just because I listen to 'EMO' music, doesn't mean I'm emo.
Of course not, oW_bAby.
oW_bAby wrote: Alternative is basically rock
Alternative only means that it's different from the usual or conventional. It's not simply "rock", otherwise you'd be calling Elvis or The Doors "Alternative".
oW_bAby wrote:If you're somebody that actually listens to alternative, emo, screamo, hardcore, metal, etc. you would know what the differences are, but you don't...
Listened to it, or having studied discography of several different genres for a very long time, solely to make money might give someone some credibility.
palmboy5 wrote:why download something that i wont be able to tolerate for very long?
You're not missing a lot, unless you want the right to say "I've actually heard The Used!" in an argument. :wink:

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#47 Post by palmboy5 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:41 am

well i believe i did when i went to the band site when she asked me to make that avvy.... they had some background shit with all this.. screaming..... or maybe just loud guitar.. dont remember, dont care.
For computers, buying cheaply and often will only leave you constantly in a world of shit.

oW_bAby
Site Crazy Girl

#48 Post by oW_bAby » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:09 am

Okay.

1) I don't understand why you put my username. If it was to like..I don't know, prove I'm emo or something? Boy, you're wrong. TV was turned on and a michael jackson song was playing..and ow baby was what it said. So now, I use it for almost everything that deals with forums. Random, but whatever. It's true.

2) You said you had studied the genre or whatever for a long time, doesn't necessarily make you a fan. And I say that because fans know what music they're into, I mean..that's what makes them a fan. I'm a fan of The Used, and I definitely do not consider them emo.

3) Bright Eyes is the most EMO-EST BAND EVER. Omfg are you freaking music blind. As I've said before, emo is about their lyrics. End of discussion. I don't care whether Conor opposes his music as emo..there is no other genre that I know of that he would even classify it into. From what I've heard from people, he only says that because people call his band sissys because of their lullaby-ish sounds they have in their music. So, that's practically his 'excuse' to declare that his band isn't emo just to convince people to stop calling them sissys.
But, you know why you tick me off right now?

How you said I was emo. Even palm establishes me as a girly girl.

Girly girl=emo?

Oh yes. That's some definite similarity there.

Edit: Alternative IS basically rock..as I said before.. I agree that ur definition of alternative is correct, but seriously, who even KNOWS that definition? The majority of fans would say that alternative was rock. They wouldn't say their favorite music was 'it's different from the usual or conventional. It's not simply "rock".' Got it?
OHAY.

Site Jock

#49 Post by 2005 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:20 pm

what matters the most is if you have big knockers (booze talking)

victimizati0n
Site Drunk

#50 Post by victimizati0n » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:04 pm

i hate stupid emo chiks
ImageImageImage

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#51 Post by palmboy5 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:39 pm

2005 wrote:what matters the most is if you have big knockers (booze talking)
*COUGH*she doesnt*COUGH* (which is good, big ones look weird on azns.)
For computers, buying cheaply and often will only leave you constantly in a world of shit.

oW_bAby
Site Crazy Girl

#52 Post by oW_bAby » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:49 pm

Thats a strange way of putting it..
OHAY.

Q12321
Elite Gamer

#53 Post by Q12321 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:59 pm

I hate this argument so much I'm not going to get into it. Restin knows I'd own you all. ;) LOL
Here to impress.

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#54 Post by palmboy5 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:43 pm

lol at least the thread name matches the... actual topic still... right?

philp
English Teacher

#55 Post by philp » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:26 pm

oW_bAby wrote:OH, and under styles, it says alternative/rock..just to let you know.
Actually, it says "alternative/pop rock" which is a total oxymoron. Can't they decide if they're going to be one of the three? :roll:
Take me across the water, cuz I need someplace to hide.
Well I done the rancher's daughter and I sure did hurt his pride.

philp
English Teacher

#56 Post by philp » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:37 pm

palmboy5 wrote: and rock is similar to alternative,
So young, so much to learn, so incapable of doing so, so he believes the rest of the idiots who say the same shit.

Rock is NOT similar to alternative, you cretin. Alternative is a distant cousin of rock. Rock and roll was invented in the early 1950's and music progressed (and regressed, sadly) from there. How can you say that a so-called "style" of rock is similar to it's root? You went the wrong way, cabron!

Alternative (music?) is similar to rock, not the other way around.

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#57 Post by palmboy5 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:41 pm

psh.. picky on ordering.. omg T_T

philp
English Teacher

#58 Post by philp » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:54 pm

palmboy5 wrote:psh.. picky on ordering.. omg T_T
No, just trying to clarify an issue. Do you even know the difference between rock, pop & alternative? Or do you just go with the flow of the rest of your brain dead peers who only understand what they've been fed by MTV and the "alternative" radio stations? :evil: :evil:

It's time to think for yourselves, people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q12321
Elite Gamer

#59 Post by Q12321 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:58 pm

Peers and eMpTyV. Dream Theater - Just Let Me Breathe. Trust me, if anyone hates mainstream ANYTHING, it's me.
Here to impress.

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#60 Post by palmboy5 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:03 pm

i got my preference on alternative from "alternative" radio stations and have long moved to the wonderful world of trance.

PS. no station has ANY need to air the song Hey Ya SO MANY FUCKING TIMES as several stations did for many months. may that song and its stations screw themselves.