Black Friday at Fry's questionably worth it.

For everything else.

Moderator: victimizati0n

palmboy5
Site Administrator

Black Friday at Fry's questionably worth it.

#1 Post by palmboy5 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:12 pm

A friend (bringing his bro along) and I decide to go to Frys to wait in line at 12am (0000 hours) which was pretty much really late considering we went around the corner of the building and then some to find the end of the line. And its a large building definitely trouncing Best Buy. The only stores I know of that could possibly defeat Frys in size is Costco/Sam's Club, and Frys is all electronics (wootz).

Anyway they opened at 5 so that amounts to 5 hours of waiting in line (cold cold cold cold), 2 hours of shopping, 4+ hours of waiting in line to pay (DUDE.) where the line snaked around the store zigzagging through the aisles with the end marked by a dude holding a shitload of balloons. We then waited in my car for an entire hour before we could make it out of the parking lot. This amounts to about 13 hours at Frys.

OMG. I do not want to do that again.

However! The spoils:
Cooler Master 632 ATX case
FREE after MIR

Cooler Master Hyper TX2 775/AM2 CPU cooler (its of the sideways blowing variety like the freezer 64 pro)
FREE after MIR

Belkin 4 Port USB hub
FREE after MIR

Buffalo 500GB External USB hard drive
$79.00

Inland Pro Sound blah blah shit 2.0 speakers
$14.99 (it was actually a mistake for another model which would have been 3 bucks)

EVGA 6200LE PCI-Express 256MB
FREE after MIR

Emprex 18X DVD Burner
$14.97 after MIR

Creative SB Audigy 2 Value (dunno what it is exactly but its an Audigy 2.) $19.99

Belkin 375VA UPS
FREE after MIR

Emprex 4GB flash drive (same as I got a few months ago)
$12.99 after MIR

Motorola H700 Bluetooth Headset
$29.99

Coolmax CD-350 IDE/SATA 3.5" or 2.5" drive to USB adapter (complete with power adapter of course)
FREE after MIR

Total after MIR before tax: $171.93

Was the suffering worth it? :X
For computers, buying cheaply and often will only leave you constantly in a world of shit.

Q12321
Elite Gamer

#2 Post by Q12321 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:18 pm

I'm guessing Fry's is a left coast thing, eh? I had a call today, guy bought Morrowind at Fry's, I was like wtf...
Here to impress.

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#3 Post by palmboy5 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:20 pm

Mostly west (left?? XD) coast yeah, they're slowly spreading though.. I think theres one in Chicago for the most east store
For computers, buying cheaply and often will only leave you constantly in a world of shit.