PS2 vs XBOX

Talk about the games you play.

Moderator: Q12321

Site Jock

PS2 vs XBOX

#1 Post by 2005 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:47 pm

We went on a trip to washingtion D.C today so i had a conversation with the kid next to me on video games and we got into the debate about ps2 vs xbox.... first off he flat out refused to accept the ps2 controller is more comfortable, and secondly he insisted that the xbox was "much" more powerful and xbox versions of games look "way" better then they do on PS2. Is there any way i could get some proof such as some screenies of two games at the exact same point... IE Vice City on both machines with two pics of the relativly same spot in the game???? I think hes full of shit that its "so" much better, i mean it might be a little better but i dont think its overwhelming superior.

#2 Post by Guest » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:21 pm

XBOX is much more moddable. For Gods FUCKEN sake, you can install Media Center on it, you can install a 1.4Ghz Cpu on it, 120-300GB hdd, etc. Oh yeah, u can also install linux on it. And you can transfer the files from ur pC (all ur movies and such) and watch em on ur TV without wasting a single cd. and u can play roms and stuff (snes, gboy, etc. ) and it has xbox live and if u dont want to pay for it, just get system link (free) and xbox has halo for it and halo 2 is like.. breaking so many fucken records already. i think it got the record for most pre-ordered game in north america or something o.O xbox also has more support on the net, because so many people have it (nerds) because they love to mod stuff. xbox also comes with built in 8GB (50,000 blocks) hdd o.O thats worth like ATLEAST $1000 CAD in gamecube memory cards and u can mod an xbox so u can play ps2 , computer, and maybe even GAMECUBE games on it (my friend hasnt tried gc yet)

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#3 Post by palmboy5 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:42 pm

XBOX definently has better graphics.

and i think everyone will agree when i say Gamecube looks like shit, runs like shit.
For computers, buying cheaply and often will only leave you constantly in a world of shit.

#4 Post by Guest » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:48 am

hahahhahh

Site Jock

#5 Post by 2005 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:51 pm

Xbox cannot me modded to play ps2 games... im sorry it cant. You can mod a ps2... i can play burned games on my ps2 without voiding the warrenty, i can install linux on my ps2, i can play roms and emulators on my ps2, i can install a harddrive 100-300 gb and install games on it so they run without a disk thus saving the laser. Ps2 online is free, HALO is SHIT, im sorry i was never one to hop on band wagons and i wont start now.. HALO is a rip off of the Unreal games and a poor attempt at it too. As far as the memory card deal, i like the idea of a card because i dont need to take my unit to my friends house so we can play where i left off, one memory card will run you 25 dollars and ive had my ps2 for the better part of 3 years now and havent needed more then one ( i will soon though). Plus the X-box is much harder to disassemble and alot of em break just trying to get them outa the case.

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#6 Post by palmboy5 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:12 pm

"ooooooo!"
For computers, buying cheaply and often will only leave you constantly in a world of shit.

#7 Post by Guest » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:34 pm

2005 wrote:Xbox cannot me modded to play ps2 games... im sorry it cant. You can mod a ps2... i can play burned games on my ps2 without voiding the warrenty, i can install linux on my ps2, i can play roms and emulators on my ps2, i can install a harddrive 100-300 gb and install games on it so they run without a disk thus saving the laser. Ps2 online is free, HALO is SHIT, im sorry i was never one to hop on band wagons and i wont start now.. HALO is a rip off of the Unreal games and a poor attempt at it too. As far as the memory card deal, i like the idea of a card because i dont need to take my unit to my friends house so we can play where i left off, one memory card will run you 25 dollars and ive had my ps2 for the better part of 3 years now and havent needed more then one ( i will soon though). Plus the X-box is much harder to disassemble and alot of em break just trying to get them outa the case.
it doesnt look hard to disassemble, and everything u said was exactly what i said, u could have just said that, but instead u typed a whole paragraph to make it look like a good comeback.

roflmao palm

DiGiTyDarKMaN
|*Whoa-Thug*|

#8 Post by DiGiTyDarKMaN » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:00 pm

ill just say what i always say.. just get both, and get a gamecube while your at it for the hell of it, thats the smart way to go

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#9 Post by palmboy5 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:15 pm

that or just have PC :D

#10 Post by Guest » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:22 pm

/me has comp, gc, xbox :D

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#11 Post by palmboy5 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:26 pm

good, keep it that way. no need for a *COUGH*LAME*COUGH* PS2

philp
English Teacher

Re: PS2 vs XBOX

#12 Post by philp » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:29 pm

2005 wrote:We went on a trip to washingtion D.C today ......
Why? I mean, it was obviously a school field trip, but for what purpose?
Take me across the water, cuz I need someplace to hide.
Well I done the rancher's daughter and I sure did hurt his pride.

Site Jock

#13 Post by 2005 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:14 pm

We visited the Holocoust Museum...

@ Dragon

First of all i did not just say what you said, you do not detest the fact i called you on the matter of an xbox being capable of playing ps2, computer, and maybe even gc games. Im not rich nor working so i cant have all three consoles a, a pc, and have good titles for all of em so ill stick with PS2.

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#14 Post by palmboy5 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:58 pm

wait dont u live in florida? o.O

DiGiTyDarKMaN
|*Whoa-Thug*|

#15 Post by DiGiTyDarKMaN » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:18 am

Lets see systems i own are Intelivision Nintendo, Genesis. SNES, Sega CD, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2, XBox, Gamecube, and of course a PC