Retards

Talk about the games you play.

Moderator: Q12321

palmboy5
Site Administrator

Retards

#1 Post by palmboy5 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:14 am

I dont see whats the big deal about backwards compatibility of newer gaming consoles... it limits what the new generations can do!

The fact that you aren't going to be playing the old games is obvious. Why? They're old.

And are you saying you dont have the older console? Really? Then whats with all the games for it?? If you really want to play outdated games, PLAY IT ON YOUR EQUALLY OUTDATED CONSOLE! WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THIS NEED TO MAKE NEW CONSOLES ABLE TO PLAY OLD SHIT??
For computers, buying cheaply and often will only leave you constantly in a world of shit.

Q12321
Elite Gamer

#2 Post by Q12321 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:04 am

I dont see whats the big deal about backwards compatibility of newer gaming consoles... it limits what the new generations can do!
Hardly.
The fact that you aren't going to be playing the old games is obvious. Why? They're old.
You play counterstrike don't you? Next time I buy a new computer, remind me that I don't want to play any old DOS classics I have. I don't know about you guys, but I think Pitfall (Atari 2600) is one kick ass game.
And are you saying you dont have the older console? Really? Then whats with all the games for it?? If you really want to play outdated games, PLAY IT ON YOUR EQUALLY OUTDATED CONSOLE! WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THIS NEED TO MAKE NEW CONSOLES ABLE TO PLAY OLD SHIT??
If I know a new console is backward compatable, why not sell the old one for a quick buck? Let's think of it this way. You have a Gameboy SP, but you also like this old original GameBoy game a lot. Are you going to want to use both gameboys, or just one?
Here to impress.

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#3 Post by palmboy5 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:25 am

O.o but PCs dont change.. theyre just faster lol

no i would not sell and yes i would prefer having both. now what? XD
For computers, buying cheaply and often will only leave you constantly in a world of shit.

Q12321
Elite Gamer

#4 Post by Q12321 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:17 pm

You could still use one for both.
Here to impress.

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#5 Post by palmboy5 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:06 pm

sure but why? why would it be such a selling factor?

it was on an activewin thing about halo 2 being ported for xbox 2....
EDIT: found it here http://www.activewin.com/awin/comments. ... 54&Group=1

the comments had like "if its not backwards-compatible i dont think ill get it"

O_O YOU HAVE THE OLDER CONSOLE JUST USE THAT ONE WHY THE FUCK DOES THE NEW ONE NEED TO BE ABLE TO PLAY IT?! ITS NEW! YOURE NOT GOING TO GET THE THING SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU CANT PLAY OLD GAMES ON IT?? WAAAAA?? if the game was any good it would come out with its own version for the new console.

Site Jock

#6 Post by 2005 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:32 pm

.... See PB its like this, there were alot of old original gameboy games that i liked alot. There was a game called A-Train for the Playstation that was major over in japan but flopped over here ( haveing something to do with the game being to much strategy oriented lmao )... i played that game so much it wore out my original playstation and still play it today, but i wouldnt go out and get a whole new ps1 just to play it, leaveing alot of those old great games unplayable.

Ill take your word on that backwards compatability hinders the console when you have sufficent evidence. And if you wana fight that argument, the whole dvd player thing isnt necessary at all in a GAME CONSOLE... you wana elimenate something thats a much better choice.

I like the backwards compatablity but if a consloe didnt have it and i liked the console id still get it.

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#7 Post by palmboy5 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:35 pm

lol n64 to gamecube, theres no way it could be backwards compatible, if it was it would still be stuck with some fucking cartridge. sure theres less obvious/important stuff for the other consoles

Site Jock

#8 Post by 2005 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:20 pm

Well you see everyone has an opinion (much like they have assholes) and alot of the time they stink (both of em)

But its something that wont hurt and its a decent feature, much more so then playing a dvd in your video game console.

palmboy5
Site Administrator

#9 Post by palmboy5 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:51 am

>< gahhh fucken tards